Friday, May 11, 2007

Oh! Erroneous fog, how you've tricked me...

Limoges, Tiffany, Cartier, IWC, Rolex, Witnauer, Schlumberger, Mikimoto, etc.

Names i look at EVERYDAY. No exaggeration, honest to God truth. These names have gone stale for me, I can't stand the sight of them. I hate extravagance and gold. I'd take a stone anyday. I believe that I can be showy without being retarded. My mind and my words speak numbers without my having two thousand dollars worth of jewelry on my wrist.

Anyway!

I finished my Beetle Bailey hat in half of one of the balls of tweed (black) I got in the box... I'm working on a similar one in the pink ball from the box! It's just a bit smaller for my mother's chinese head.

I really don't know what to get my mother for mother's day, I'm making the hat and planning on buying her a fat load of chocolate... but I really don't know what else I can do.

I'm usually more creative... but whatever!

Pictures to come of both hats. I decided to keep the bill soft (without plastic mesh) mainly because I'm so lazy - but I found out later that once folded and sewn, it pretty much stands up on it's own!

Also!!!!! TERRY! I USED YOUR ROLLING "SPIN ON A RUSSIAN" JOIN AND IT WORKED SO WELL I ALMOST SHIT MY PANTS! I couldn't believe how excited I was just to join a new ball to my evergrowing sweater.

I think this may be the weekend I finally finish my sweater. I couldn't be more excited.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Isn't Terry a knitting genius? That spitting thing is pretty awesome. Way less ends to weave in.