Friday, August 3, 2007

berry pickin', bizarre cats, and bags of douche

i must have looked through this website for countless hours. it's probably one of the top ten most hilarious ones:

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

enjoy!

also, i just watched a great movie: L'Auberge Espagnole

with the so so so sexy Romain Duris. Unfortunately though, he's not so sexy in this movie... in fact, he's kind of a douche... AND he's surrounded by beautiful women the whole time! He's one for the website (see above)!



This is him in "de Battre mon Coeur" (to beat my heart) also a good movie.
This is the trailer for a movie I'm just dying to see with him in it again.

SOOOO good!

Right now my obsession with french films is induced by my obsession with french men. Short little cute boys with silly accents, c'est magnifique!
Actually, Yoye says my french is getting much better now that I've been watching these movies - it's still so embarrassing.
He's out to visit here in portland for the week before we both go back home. Me for 11 days, him for god knows how long.

Here, I took this picture of him while he was sleeping. It's the best shot I could get without him waking up to me trying to angle my laptop just right in front of his face. That would have been super awkward, not to mention super creepy.



ce qui un joli garçon!!


Here is my sweater that I am working on for my dad. I've finished the back and now the front is well on it's way. It's actually working up faster than I had initially expected.



This is my favorite part of my apartment, this little corner table i found at a consignment shop with my eiffel tower lamp. unfortunately, yoye hates this lamp so much... which i find endearing, just like his hate for that rat bastard Nicolas Sarkozy.



This cat came in and randomly started meowing at me, see? Check him out! He's HUGE!!! That's my oven, can you believe it?





and this is me berry picking!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, so much excitement! Coming home for 11 days, the french men, the outstanding Eiffle Tower lamp (Love it!) and those luscious berries!! What a great combination...Miss you much, Love L

Laura said...

I can't wait to see you again! hopefully no one will die when I'm out there. I'm glad SOMEONE loves the eiffel tower lamp

Becky said...

OMG Hot chicks with douche bags was hell-a-rious. And that picture of Rosie O with the hairy chest. Yikes. I love the pictures of your apartment. Seems so homey. Does the cat knock?

You know, animals are great judges of charcter. See ya soon.

Laura said...

the cat doesn't knock, but he knows to shake his collar really hard when he comes around. i swear, it's like i can't ignore it.

my apartment is super cozy, but it could be homier. i've been looking on craigslist for stuff to make it even more intimate.

oui oui! see you soon!

fingerstothebone said...

Hi Laura,

Glad that you're enjoying the class! See you in the morning...I'll be all burry eyed -- it's after 12:30am and I'm still not quite finished with what I need to do for the night!