Friday, July 25, 2008

An Ode to Flavors of Memories...

Listening to JUSTICE, so fucking hot like... a year ago. give me a break, pffb!

Safely arrived in Portland after a long road trip with my mother to get here. Although the ride is tough, I feel like I go through some kind of weird PTSD thing where I automatically forget the ridiculous emotional and mental pain I went through to get to where I was going... it's a rough ROUGH road, 16 hours. yessir, let me tell you...

Anyway, I recently experienced a spoonful of the new flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream... It's called Cinnamon Buns, yes. I was so inspired by this particular flavor, I decided to take up my word with the big guys...

"Dear Ben & Jerry's,
I used to work at one of your very fine establishments. To be honest, it was one of the best experiences of my life. Sure, a summer job scooping ice cream in a beach city with all your high school friends and making a butt load of money doing so sounds fun in itself... but getting to sample your wide and VAST collection of delicious and meticulously concocted ice creams truly made the experience something I will cherish forever. I am currently enjoying a spoon of your new flavor Cinnamon Buns and have to say that, so far, it is my favorite flavor. This flavor in particular has inspired me to write this message to you, thanking you for this magic I am currently sharing with all of you at Ben & Jerry's.

Laura Lewis 21; Portland, OR

P.S. Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler flavor is totally rank... despite however much I may love the man."


Yes, life is trés good... I miss you all.

As far as knitting is concerned, I've been very very busy writing my very first actual documented pattern that I think you will all love.

I've also got a new blog/website I'm thinking about setting up - along with a few other tricks up my sleeve.

That's all for now lovelies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to finally be able to chat with you & get to know you at AFY. :D Last time you were here I was realively new in the group so I didn't get to know you as well. I'm looking forward to your return, though I'm sure that Portland is actually way cooler.

Looking forward to your pattern, it's going to rock the big one for sure.

Anonymous said...

Okay now I want ice cream.

Can't wait to see the pattern once you have completed it. Very exciting times for you, my dear.

And it was so good to hear your voice on the line today. Made me feel special.

Laura said...

of course!