Monday, June 25, 2007

You can't triple stamp on a double stamp.

Music: Lali Puna - "Come On Home"

Yes, I know. I'm sorry, so so so sorry. I can't believe all the shit I've been doing and the amount of time that has passed since I left.

My sister left already and now there's an empty space on the left side of the bed. Here we are on alder and 4th:




Even though I really do miss you guys so much, I've never had the experience of not wanting to go home before. It's completely surreal and bizarre. I feel completely at home here in my little apartment in my little city that's not so little. Portland is so awesome. Everyone is just always psyched on being here. The strangest thing is no one is actually FROM here. It's completely wild. Everyone I met knows exactly where I'm from because they lived, "two towns over". It's always "two towns over".

As far as knitting is concerned, I've been doing some fun ass things.

1. Awesome AWESOME awesome green mittens that are made out of yarn that I spun on one of those top whorl spindles.

2. Shibui Transitions Fingerless gloves I'm knitting in 2 different yarns I dyed myself (one is deep deep maroon red and the other is deep variegated indigo blue) for biking.

3. Simple socks made from Opal self patterning sock yarn in yellow.

I also bought some awesome yarn that's 50% wool & 50% llama by Cascade called Pastaza. It's the perfect weight and color, I'm going to knit up a nice long beanie.

I know I know, I should have some pictures - well my mom is mailing me her camera soon, so I should have some excellent pictures of EVERYTHING!

The super duper hard ceramics class that I am taking is really putting so much pressure on me. I mean, I enjoy it - but I'm letting it take over my life. My instructor is this awesome lesbian that is super duper adorable. She's so nice and calm and patient, but totally down to earth and realistic. There's this old bitch in the class that's just... well a bitch! and the teacher doesn't even bother with her. I mean, there's just NO WAY this old bitch will EVER get it. Coincidentally, the old bitch lives underneath my apartment... WHAT ARE THE ODDS!? Anyway, she always asks me about the girl that lives next door to me because I guess the girl next door is, "coming in and out of the house at 3 in the morning!". But, I just ignore her and smile and nod at everything she says so she calls me "doll". I call her "old bitch,"
just not to her face.

We laugh and smile, and she has no idea how much I actually am annoyed by her bullshit.



I love you all so much.
-Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At last a post! I am so happy right now. I had the biggest smile on my face reading about how much you love school and where you live. You are so lucky to be having this experience. Your classes sound great! Can't wait to see these knitted projects and your own spun yarn. Yahoo...

What a great photo of you! Made me miss you all the more. Keep safe, Love Lisa (eye wink!)